Friday, December 9, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
We picked out a muse to work on for our projects. Coming to a decision, we picked Coca-Cola because it was popular. After going on the computer and making it colorful, we each took turns tracing the different parts of the Coke on to the boxes. We helped one another paint the boxes which took a couple of days. Being one of the first people done, we heading to the library to claim a spot for display.
Monday, October 24, 2011
I have to admit, this is one of the funnest art projects I've ever done. First, we picked a picture and took turns putting it on the projector so we could trace it. Afterwards, I used a special tool to cut out the parts I didn't want. Then, I had to make my frame from wood and stapled cardboard on the back. I painted my cardaboad black so the stencil would show up better.Having my wooden frame and cardboard, I was ready to spray paint. I layed the stencil down and the first color I did was white. Running out of yellow, I decided to cover what ever I could and the final result was way better than I thought it would be.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
This week we worked on a mosaic art project. We got to pick a picture in black and white and color it on a wall in the courtyard. Each brick includes 3 colors. We were on a roll at first but, twords the middle we started free hand drawing which messed us up. Thats probably why we took longer than the other groups. After getting back on track, it didnt look much like a cat. So we all agree to call it an abstract cat. Or as I call it, A Poke'mon.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Finally done. Working as a group we took the anisitive and finished what we started. Using 4 shades of mud, we had to match the mud type to where it was supose to go. My other two group members were working very efficently but me on the other hand, was very confused on what part of the bunny was suppose to be what color. I stopped every 5 seconds to make sure I was doing it right. Honestly, I zoned out a couple times so when I snapped myself back to reality my part of the bunny was done. MUDnny is done. We are victorious.
Special thanks to Madyson and Caitlin for helping out!
In Art Class this week, we were learning about value scale drawings. To perfect this art, our teacher took pictures of us in black and white and put them on the board. Each student had to go up and pick a portriat. The picture I picked was pretty simple but, that's what made it hard. After tracing the picture into my sketchbook I had the hardest time drawing her hair. I could see how I wanted her hair to look in my head but, I just couldn't it on paper. I did well on shading and instead of using the provided shading tool, I just used my finger. Shading was definetly the best part of the picture. But I'll tell you what, if the first shading project wasn't as good the next one can't be far off from what I want it to look like. Wish me luck :)